Tuesday 22 February 2011

Experiments In Photoshop

This image was experimented with using Adobe Photoshop, and features a Filter named 'Plastic Wrap'.  I used this filter to denote suffocation and the Music Video features a break up between her and her boyfriend "because i can't breath without you baby...". After experimenting with this image, I have found that the image is too abstract for my piece and does not fit the CD genre.

I really like the bright colours bursting out of this photograph although the effect 'Glow Light' also applied using Adobe Photoshop unfortunately makes seeing any facial features impossible, therefore the modeling type shoot I took was pointless if not to show of her beauty. I also feel it is too abstract and does not achieve the right look that I am attempting to achieve.

I really like this sepia tone image, focusing on a close up of the models face. Her smile is not planned but because it is not a grin and is nothing cheesy I think it can potentially work at the front of my CD cover. Because of the direction of the light, pointing towards the left of her face (in the image) the right half has been blacked out and although this masks a lot of her face I still really like the affect and because the model appears so silent and natural it therefore connotes pure beauty.

I have used a black and white effect for this image, focusing on the model's body as she sits on a stool with enclosed body language denoting loneliness. I took this image full aware that half of her face was missing although I do think it is very beautiful, I do not feel it is powerful enough to grab the readers attention to pick out my CD! I feel if her eyes were included they would attract attention and be the selling point of the image.

This is a definite favourite! The grainy filter, applied using Adobe Photoshop connotes and denotes the fact that she is surrounded by darkness (after her break up with her boyfriend). I asked her to look down denoting sadness as she collapses onto a stool in a heartbroken state! This image is a definite MUST USE!


No comments:

Post a Comment