Saturday 26 February 2011

Choosing The Font

After researching different types of fonts using the website www.dafont.co.uk I experimented with using different genres of fonts.
 I found that Calligraphy was too decorative and did not appeal to my target audience, through failing to bare a strong link to my CD and Magazine advert. 
Graffiti had a similar problem because it did not comply with the type of music included in my Music Video, (Indie).

I then tried 'Old School' which was a definite possibility but nothing could compete against....

After researching so many fonts all over the internet, I have decided on a font called... "Savia Outline". I have chosen this font because it stands out of the page, and looks quite quirky and different. I really didn't want a normal font like Garamond, or Nueva because they were unique enough, and were known to word. My font will now be linked to my album and nothing therefore there is a strong lack of intertextuality giving my product a unique and professional touch.


I decided to include my target audience in this decision, therefore I made a survey and had friends and family fill it out, after watching the Music Video so far.


Here are the results...











Here are some of their comments on the font choice...

No comments:

Post a Comment