Friday 1 April 2011

Question 4: How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

During the process of completing my coursework, I used a variety of different media technologies to improve my project. This is essential in producing a successful Music Video, because all professional Videos are created in this way. It is important to use a variety of new media technologies for several reasons which I will now discuss.


In terms of Audience Research, I used Facebook and Myspace to upload my Music Video and gain feedback from friends and family. Therefore I was able to explore what my audience wants, and by researching these programs I was able to gain inspiration from other bands in terms of style. My artist, Lara Anstead is a member of a band called: 'Alice Band' that also falls into the Indie genre, therefore I was able to research and understand the band through the fan base. The endless row of comments consisted of compliments ranging from:

"Amazing band Alice!!! You ROCK"

"Where can I watch you play?"

Among several other comments and I was able to find inspiration therefore, Myspace and Facebook successfully aided me in researching my target audience.

The search engine Google, was equally helpful because it holds millions of websites containing publishers, unsigned and signed artists. It is basically an endless information source. For example it allowed me to find different magazine articles and CD Covers and allowed me to then annotate them, therefore allowing me to produce the best possible Ancillary Tasks. In attempt to avoid intertextual referencing too much, I was able to challenge a lot of the images of the Magazines and CD's giving my own personal take on the matter.

Blogger allowed me to upload my coursework online, achieving an aesthetically pleasing final outcome, as well as being a quick easy and organised way to display my planning stages. 

Adobe Photoshop allowed me to achieve picture perfect models...

Similar to Facebook and Myspace, I used YouTube to upload my Music Video and gain feedback. YouTube is a worldwide website, with millions of videos posted by the general public. Because of the YouTubes popularity, I was able to find several different Music Videos that inspired me (which I have mentioned earlier) for example: 

  • 'Breathe Me' 
  • 'Ordinary People'


Final Cut Express is obviously essential in the making of my Music Video. This program allowed me to edit my Video, create effects to achieve the best possible Video. ISquint and MPEG Streamclip are other components that allowed me to upload my footage and then open it in FCE.  


No comments:

Post a Comment