Friday 1 April 2011

Question 3: What have you learned from your audience feedback?

It’s an old saying that manufacturing products is not a difficult task, but the most important part is to market it.

Targeting audience is based on various norms.
1. Urban or rural population
2. Age based
3. Gender based
4. Capital goods or Consumer goods
I have used several different websites to further my research, finding out 'what's hot and what's not' through:
  • Facebook
  • Myspace
  • Youtube
  • Google
Facebook & Myspace were especially useful in finding out what my target audience wants. Therefore I posted my final edit Music Video and set up a Survey for my friends to complete once they have watched the video. The Survey was completed immediately after viewing the video because it is still fresh in their minds.

We found our audience feedback very helpful as we needed their feedback to produce our film to a higher standard and we see the audience as an important part of producing our film as they are the people who we want to enjoy it.


After uploading my final edit Music Video, “I don’t believe you” I uploaded it to the very popular YouTube and got lots of audience feedback!







I found that asking for feedback from my audience about the weaknesses of our film helped me a lot as I learned what needed to be changed to suit my audience. Even though I thought that our film was almost finished my audience pointed out a few changes I could make, some I already knew but from this feedback I learned that my film can always be improved and I needed to work on it for a while longer and keep asking my audience for feedback until I had it completely finished.

After listening to my feedback I have decided to:

1.      Add more effects to the footage giving it added identity
2.      Make the lip-syncing shots colour, and the narrative black and white, once again adding to its uniqueness.
3.      Add a four split shot into the video
4.      Correct any lighting errors by re-filming
5.      Use more of my lip-syncing shots to create a balance
6.      Re-film the email scenes and keep an eye on the default fonts
7.      Re-film some of the shots where there are mistakes in the framing

No comments:

Post a Comment