Wednesday 6 October 2010

Recording Complete

The recording was a sucess!

We recorded the two songs, 'Hide & Seek' and 'I don't believe you'. My personal favourite was 'I don't believe you' because i found that it sounded better, being played on the Piano, in contrast to the other song, which would have sounded better being played with two people, and the Harp.

We had to adjust the Microphone placement a couple of times, to achieve the correct balance between the sound of the Piano and Lara's voice. We also had to change rooms to D5 due to a clash between our plans and other students plans, although this room also had high ceilings, and little echoe, as well as a very nice Piano... with a squiky chair!

Tracks:
CD1: I don't believe you - Lara Anstead - First Take
CD2: I don't believe you - Lara Anstead - Final Take
CD3: Hide & Seek - Lara Anstead - First Take
CD4: Hide & Seek - Lara Anstead - Final Take

I have transferred all of the four CD's to my laptop, and renamed the tracks to that of above, and they are now in my Itunes Library. I have also burnt these 4 songs onto a blank disk, ready to use in my Media lesson on Thursday, to discuss the quality of the recording, and whether we should use the tracks/which track.

No comments:

Post a Comment